Celebrating 175th Birthday of Thomas Alva Edison
- Date of program: Feb 11, 2022
- Title/Theme of the Program: Celebrating 175th Birthday of Thomas Alva Edison
- Program for the benefit of: Introduced Innovations in science education for enabling smart and inclusive growth of students.
- Objective: to motivate students towards scientific innovations.
- Total no. of participants: More than 500
- Venue of the program: Online
To remember noble contribution of Thomas Alva Edison, P.G. Department of Physics, KanyaMahaVidyalya, Jalandhar, an autonomous and Heritage Institution organized National Level quiz competition for Celebrating 175th Birthday of Thomas Alva Edison on Feb 11, 2021. Quiz was conducted in the online mode in which more than 500 students as well as faculty members participated from our entire nation. Main objective behind organizing this activity was to remember Thomas Alva Edison and to stimulate interest of all the participants towards contribution of Thomas Alva Edison in modern science. Thomas Alva Edison was an American inventor who, singly or jointly, held a world-record 1,093 patents. In addition, he created the world’s first industrial research laboratory. He developed many devices in fields such as electric power generation, mass communication, sound recording, and motion pictures. Principal Prof. (Dr.) Atima Sharma Dwivedi congratulated and appreciated P.G. Department of Physics for organizing such event which create interest of students towards sciences.